Hey everyone!!
I just wanted to give a little update on my clinicals this session! I'm pretty excited about them. I am in my community health nursing class. I have had my first clinical and I was a school nurse at Worthington Christian High School. That was fun! I passed out a lot of tylenol and ibuprofen for headaches and also had to send one girl home due to diarrhea and a fever. Definitely washed my hands after taking care of that one!!! We also did screenings on some of the freshman. We check their blood pressure, height, weight, do hearing tests, vision tests, and also checked for sciolosis. It was interesting but fun! I will be at the high school 3 more times. I will also do 2 days at the elementary school. During my time at the high school, Jess (my partner) and I will do a quick presentation during their health class on the H1N1 (swine) flu. Just basically educating them on what it is, prevention (handwashing), and what to do if they think they have it. I love educating people so I'm pretty excited to do the class! We will also do some education to the teachers also.
My other rotations include an observation for 2 days at the Ohio Surgery Center. I'm not sure what that will be. I go there on Monday at 6:45am!! Ugh! That is really early!
The other rotations are working at a free clinic. That will be 2 wednesday nights from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. They give out free health care to those who need it. I'm really excited to do that one also. Should be a neat experience. Maybe a little similar to Honduras??
The last rotation will be at the health department in Delaware (north of Columbus). One group has already gone and they said it is maily a woman's clinic on Wednesday. They do pap smears, STD checks, and other issues. They said it was really informative and a good review of our Obstetrics class. Women's health is the area that I really find fascinating so I'm really anxious to do that rotation. In the afternoons, they said they sat in on some WIC classes.
So, that is what I'm currently doing at the moment!
Doug is working like a good husband!!! Working 40 hrs a week M-F! He's adjusting well to the transition :) He said it's not as bad as he thought!! Probably much like a vaction. When you work and have school at the same time, your mind never rests. You always have something going on! I should also mention that he looks super cute in his dress clothes!!! ;)
Anywho...hope everyone had a great week! Hope the weekend is even better!
Love,
Ashlie
Quilts I've Made
2 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment