This is the face of a baby girl that is sleeping through the night!!!!
After getting the "ok" from our pediatrician to start skipping our night feedings, we tried weaning her and we have been doing well!!!
Iris goes down for bed between 7:30 and 8pm and gets up around 7:45am!!!!
(6:15am 2 days a week when she has to go to the baby sitters)
We tried the modified cry-it-out method where she just had to fuss a little. We never let her get to a horrible cry. She would fuss and we would go in after 5 min, kiss her, rub her belly, and say good night (never picking her up) and wait and go back in after 10 minutes. then 15 minutes. We had to do that only 2 nights for no longer than 20 minutes and she now sleeps through the night!
It has been wonderful =)
It's been almost 2 weeks and we're going strong!!!
I am to the point now where I nurse her then just lay her directly in her crib without her being fast asleep. I kiss her, say sweet dreams and she soothes her self to sleep without a peep out of her. I have also been doing this with her naps as well!



2 comments:
amazing! I can't wait for Addison to sleep through the night. She's only 4 months though so I might have to wait to try and skip her night feeding. I'll see what her doctor says, but that sounds awesome!
Congratulations! Sounds like a reason to celebrate! :)
Post a Comment