Saturday, January 30, 2010

In the Gluten Free World....

So, we have joined the world of Gluten Free!!!  Doug was diagnosed with many many allergies during his allergy testing in December.  He is allergic to most foods except for dairy, meats, and a few veggies!  So, it has made cooking a bit difficult!  Thanks to Rick and Bre, we have a gluten free cook-book and living in Columbus has given us access to a lot of choices!  We found a new grocery store today full of gluten free foods!  It's nice to find substitutes to pasta (which is our main food group) and waffles.  We still cheat here and there when we are starving and head to McDonald's.  But we think there is not much nutrition or gluten in that food anyway.  Just fat and grease =)

The internet has been a very useful tool also!  We are finding ways to make some pretty tasty foods!  I made my own gluten free breading for pork chops and made my own version of chicken lettuce wraps!  We ate ourself silly over those! 

I figured this would be a good diet!  I should have given up carbs a long time ago but you all know how much I love bread...moldy, garlicky, and all!  I'll eat it!  So, we'll see if this will help me loose a few unwanted pounds!  I need to increase my veggie intake anyways!  Just wish Doug would like it as much as I do!!!

1 comment:

Katiebee said...

So glad to hear you've found a market to buy the things you need! Can't wait to try some of your new recipes!