But each day gets better! I'm feeling more comfortable with the job! It's like riding a bike! I was lucky to have 3 great days so far and I was even lucky to get 2 pumping sessions in on the first 2 days. Today, I was offered to take on-call (go home but have to come back if they need me) from 7pm to 11pm and I jumped at the chance so I could see Iris a bit more and tuck her into bed! That's what I miss the most. I enjoy rocking her and humming a lullaby to her! I think Doug was happy I was home too so he could get a little break and get to bed early. He goes in now at 6am on Mondays and Thursdays to be off by 2:30 to get Iris.
Iris on the other hand, has been having hard evenings just like momma! Apparently, both days she has cried most of the night and was having trouble taking a bottle. Each day she improves and today has been the best! I think it's because she slept for 8 hrs last night and she was happy the entire day!!! I know it's a hard adjustment for her too b/c we messed up her schedule and what she was comfortable with. I'm sure with each passing week, we will all adjust to it!
I feel a bit empowered to be able to do both. As much as I would LOVE to stay home with Iris all the time, I also have a passion to be a nurse so it's wonderful that I have the opportunity to do both!
Maybe Iris will be a RN just like her momma =)



4 comments:
I am dreading that day as well! 12 weeks so long to be off work, but I know it will FLY by.
Sorry you had such a hard time :( I'm sure it will get better. I'm interested to see how I'm gonna be when I get a job and go back to work.
Aw, it's hard to go back. But I love that last picture of her - so cute!
That was the worst for me with my oldest son. I was able to stay with him the first 14 months and when I did have to leave him in daycare I cried every day for over a week. Hope things are even smoother now for you and her!
Post a Comment