Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy 5 Month's Iris

Things have been super busy the last few weeks with momma starting a new job on the mother-infant unit at Riverside!  Training has me working from 7am until 3:30pm.  It has been wonderful to be on a normal schedule and have every night to tuck you into bed but it has us all getting up so early!  We have also had to change babysitters =(  We found a nice lady that lives in Grove City and you both have so much fun every day.  We are thankful to have found someone great for you!  Your nana still comes up when she can to watch you and your aunt Brandi and Grammy help out when they can as well!

Needless to say, I'm posting this just 3 days shy of your 6 month birthday haha =)
Anywhoo...now on to what you have been up to this month!!!

Happy 5 Months Iris!!!

Your 5th month has been so exciting!!!!  
So many changes and you are growing growing growing!

Clothes:  You are in 3 month clothes but we have started to pull out your 6 month clothes towards the end of September.  Most of your 3 months are summer and the weather getting cold really quick.  Surprisingly, you are fitting in them better than I had suspected!!!  You are in size 2 diapers and still size small fuzzibunz!  It has been so fun dressing you up in jeans and your cute robeez shoes!!!  You also look adorable in your little hooded sweatshirts.



Food:  About 1 week into your 5th birthday, we started you on cereal.  I really wanted you to wait until the middle of your 5th month but I just couldn't hold out any longer =)  I bought you the baby bullet to make all your food so I just had to test it out!  One night while nana was here, we brought out the cereal!

having cereal for the first time!

dadda feeding you cereal


You were not a fan of carrots =)


You were not a huge fan of bananas at first!

So far, you have tried cereal with breast milk, carrots, bananas, and bananas mixed with cereal.  You seemed to like bananas and cereal the best.  You are also doing well and are getting the hang of it.  You know when the spoon is coming to your mouth that you need to "open up."  You are so cute!  Like a little birdie!!!

We only feed you "food" once daily for now and it's usually right around dinner time. I nurse you at 5pm then while we are getting our dinner ready, I quickly feed you.  It has been very entertaining.  You are really enjoying it now and get mad when I don't feed you fast enough!  

You still nurse or have a bottle (at the sitters) every 3 hours and will usually only wake once or sometimes not at all at night to eat.  The next foods to try are butternut squash and sweet potatoes!  


Sleep:  You are doing well most nights with sleep!  You mostly go the whole night without waking but sometimes you want to eat again or just need rocked around 3am.  Your bedtime is 8pm and I have begun to get you ready for bed then nurse you to sleep.  Seems to work out better.  You quickly fall asleep and then I place you in your crib.  With my training schedule, I wake you at 5:30am.  It's been hard on you to get up so early but we are making it work.  Come 7:30pm, you are ready for bed and can't wait!  You have been taking 2 really good naps.  One in the morning for at least an hour and then another after your 2pm feeding for 1-2 hrs!

Activities:  You are sitting up!!!!!  We began just having you sit up with us sitting behind you and you seem to have really gained strength to keep yourself up!  You are doing well and now I can just sit beside you just to keep an eye b/c you still sometimes fall over!
You are playing with your friend Rachel =)
oops!
You're first "boom"  bad momma!  


You also still enjoy playing with toys in your high chair and playing on the floor on your mat and blanket.  You also LOVE to jump and so we put you in your jumperoo lots as well!  I also bought you a johnny jump up last weekend but we haven't tried it yet.  You are a jumping machine!!!


Likes:  You love to chew on sophie.  You also love your sleep!  You still need your naps and you cannot wait for bedtime!  Sleeping in on saturdays is still so fun!  You love to snuggle with your momma and I enjoy it so much as well!


Your coordination is getting so much better and this month, you have been able to put your pacifier in your mouth!!!  Such an accomplishment =)  You also enjoy your crinkle books and your stacking block and cups.  Bath time is also fun now that you are learning to kick and splash.  You really enjoy sitting up.  It's been fun to really see you move and change so much this past month!
you doing some reading =)


Dislikes:  You really don't dislike much of anything.  Maybe carrots at the moment haha but you are pretty content and such a happy baby.  I would say that you don't like to be left alone for a long time.  You get bored easily if you are playing by yourself.  That makes it difficult when I try to cook dinner, etc.

Personality:  You are so sweet and such a good baby!  You are pretty mellow most of the time and are happy most of the day!  You only get fussy when you are sleepy.  You are so smiley and so dramatic that you make me laugh all the time.  You have really began to giggle and laugh and find amusement so easily!  You are very vocal and talkative.  You jabber nonstop!  I love it.  It's so cute seeing you in the mirror when we are driving, you just look around and talk, talk, talk.  You bring a smile to our faces!!!  Your dadda and I love you so very much!!!


Oh, Miss Iris!  You are growing too fast!  I enjoy looking at all the pictures that I have over the past 5 months.  I am so happy I have taken so many!!!  It's been wonderful seeing you change so much and you developing your sweet personality!  You are such a blessing to us and have brought so much joy to our lives!  

Your daddy and I love you very much!!!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

She is growing up so much!! What a cutie!

Katiebee said...

what a great group of pictures! she is such a sweet baby~ i will miss her this week!

xo

Nicole J said...

Oh my goodness 5 months already! She is absolutely precious! I'd love to have you celebrity guest blog sometime. Email me if you're interested :)

dave and jenn said...

She is so, so cute! And I love her outfit with the leggings. I can't believe how much she's grown.