Friday, October 7, 2011

Wesley is home!

So, I haven't posted much about my "fur" kids lately bc this has been a difficult subject with us! The day we brought iris home, our life flipped upside down and our priorities shifted! Iris moved on top and the pets were pushed aside! =(

After 3 months of debating, we adopted our sweet Lola out to a loving older couple who adore airedales and she's having the time of her life! We just did not have space or time for her. The poor thing was gated up away from iris and that was no life for her! I found this lady who coordinates an Airedale rescue and she ended up adopting Lola herself! We are so thankful for them and giving Lola her new forever home! We miss her terribly and talk about her often but knowing she is happy makes the ache a bit less!

The first hour of iris being home, Wesley turned into a crazed fur ball and I ended up having a major meltdown and Wesley was sent to live with my grandma for 6 months!!! We attempted transitioning him back but his jealousy and barking sent him back! Until last weekend! We finally decided to bring him home for good!

He is doing surprisingly well! We had some "issues" today but we are all working on it! I think he thinks iris is a toy haha. She LOVES him and reaches for him all the time! He goes nuts over her but won't get too close! Here is a picture of them getting about as close as I could get them =).

Notice Wesley "leaning" to get away?!? Haha

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

Ha ha - that picture is priceless! I hope Wesley's transition goes smoothly. :)