Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Iris' 1 year check-up!

I can't believe my lil peanut is 1 year and went for her big girl check up today!!!  She did so well!  She had to get her blood drawn from a finger stick to be tested for lead and anemia!  She only whimpered when he was squeezing her finger.  She did so well!  I think she was more annoyed at the band-aid he put on her finger haha.  She also got 2 shots! =(  She was given her MMR vaccine and her chicken pox (varicella) vaccine! Of course she cried but momma and dadda were there to give her lots of hugs and kisses!!

After her finger stick
chewing on her band-aid =)

see my boo boo!

She was a little anemic (normal is 12 and she was 11.2) so our pediatrician wanted us to start her on some iron drops.  She wasn't too worried but thought the iron would be good for her.  

Her big weigh in......She is 18 lbs and 4 oz!!!  She dropped slightly in percentile and is now 7.4%.  (she was 22.63% at her last visit in January).  Dr. Brill isn't too concerned unless she drops below the 5th percentile.  She said to keep doing what we are doing and she is so active and most toddlers lose a little weight when this happens and thin out!!!  She eats like crazy so we will just continue giving her table food and let her eat as much as she wants!!!  She enjoys feeding herself so I might try to cook more food that she can pick up!  I will continue to breastfeed as long as I can and still supplement her bottles with Organic whole milk with DHA as we have been doing for 2 weeks!

Height......She is now 2 feet and 4 inches (28 inches)!!!  She is shooting up and is now 13% and was 6.79% in January =)  I can definitely tell she is getting much taller!!!  She's turning into a string bean =)

Big brains......Her head is still the biggest thing on her tiny body!!  Her head was 46cm and 73.93%.  About the same as in January!!!  She is going to be a smart one I tell ya!!!

****************************************************************************

Clothes:  She is in mostly 12 month clothes.  She has a few 9 month outfits that she can still wear but most everything is in 12 months.  She wears size 2 or 3 shoes!  She is still in her 1 size bum genius cloth diapers but we have had to double line them to help with absorbency!  She wears size 3 disposable when we need them!  
We also bought you a big girl carseat!!!  You seem to like sitting up more and looking out the windows!!!
Still rear facing though!  
Especially since you are not 20 lbs yet and we hope to keep you rear facing as long as you can fit!!


Food:  She eats 3 big meals(baby food that I make or some of our meals that I cut up in small pieces) a day along with puffs or other snacks.  When I am home, she nurses 4 times a day and when I work she gets 3 bottles a day (7am, noon, and 4pm) and then I nurse her at bedtime.  She takes 3 oz of breast milk with 4 oz of organic whole milk with DHA.  She seems to enjoy whole milk so much.  She is not a fan of it cold in a sippy cup and makes a funny face but she drinks it down for her dadda and baby sitter.  I give her water in her sippy cup and she loves drinking that down and spitting it out =)

Sleep:  You sleep about 11 hrs straight every night.  It's rare that you wake up in the middle of the night anymore!!!  Yay!!!  Bedtime is around 8pm and you wake up between 7 and 7:30am.  You take a nap around 9:30am for about 1.5 hrs and another nap around 2:30pm for another 1.5 hrs!!!


Activities:  You are everywhere!!!  We have rearranged our living room so you pretty much have whole living room to yourself!!!  You love playing with your toys and walking from furniture to furniture.  You also walk well with holding our fingers!!!  I think you are going to be walking so soon!!  You play so well by yourself and love reading your books!!!  I enjoy getting on the floor and chasing you and playing with you!  You are so much fun!!!

Likes:  You LOVE your kitty!!!  It's one of your favorite toys!!!  You love to hug and kiss her!  She goes pretty much everywhere with us now!
chasing the kitty in the tunnel

asleep with kitty snuggled closely in the car!

You also love playing with wesley and feeding him.  You both enjoy your puff snacks daily and you love tossing him food off your high chair!  You both are becoming best buds.  Slowly but I think he likes you...he just doesn't want to admit it =)
Wesley is hunting for balls in your tent


A quick photo of you and Wes together.  It's blurry but I got it =)

You also enjoy being outside and swinging on Nana & Mable's (babysitter) porch swing!!  We go outside lots!!  You also enjoy looking at the trees and watching the birds!  And you love going to the zoo and seeing all the silly animals!!!  You love the polar bears!!!
Dadda took you on a walk this week while I was at work and you were smiling at the ducks in the pond!
  


Dislikes:  You have began to hate getting your diaper changed and the word "no"!  You cry when both happen but it's a part of life!! =)  You also hate that we put locks on our kitchen cabinets and you can no longer pull everything out!!!


Words: "Mum", "dad dad dad", "uh oh", and new this month is "birdie" and "boon" for balloon!
sassy!

Personality:  Oh, Iris, you are such a joy!  Each day you learn something new and we are SO lucky to have you in our life.  You are full of sass but have such a bubbly and happy personality.  Everyone says you are such a happy baby!  You truly are!!!  Your dad and I laugh at you constantly and just enjoy being around you.  You are so sweet!!!  You have a temper at times and want to me on the move as much as you can!

You are such a great baby toddler!!  We are so much looking forward to what you are going to learn next!!!

Love you so much sweet baby girl!
Love, 
momma and dadda!
xo xo

1 comment:

Jeska said...

Aww little girl :) I can't believe she is ONE! Whew, 11 hours of straight sleep. Must be amazing lol. She sounds like she's doing very well!!