Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Shift

This is my first week working on my new shift and it's going well!  Well, the one day that I actually worked 3-11pm =)  On Monday, I stuck with my new schedule and then on Tuesday, I pulled a 16 hr shift to help out.  We have so many patients and not enough staff (2 people on maternity leave plus others sick) so I decided to stay and help out.  Boy was I tired and achy after that.  Probably not the best idea being 8 months pregnant =)  

Maybe I'm wanting Iris to come out early?!?  hehe

Since I worked 16hrs, I came home and slept for 10 hrs then went back in last night for an additional 4 hrs (7-11 pm) but ended up staying until 1pm *lol*

I'll try again on Friday to stick with my normal shift =)

But the 8 hrs fly by and it's nice having more days in a row b/c they try to put me back with the same patients so it's nice to stay with them during their stay!  The patients seem to like the continuity of care as well!

So, I'm staying hopeful I like the new hours and Doug and I think it will be best for us and the baby!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

You know, you're so right about the continuity of care bit. My sister had back surgery a couple of years ago, and was in the hospital for 10 days, and it was SO nice on the days when we weren't switching nurses every few hours. Just made it easier for everyone! Hope you continue to enjoy your shift!

Katiebee said...

Hey you! Congrats & goodluck with the new shift~ I hope the transition is an easy one for you & Miss Iris~

we'll miss you tonight :-(