Monday, February 7, 2011

OSU Maternity Tour


You can view the virtual tour by going to the following link

Doug and I did our maternity tour yesterday and OSU and we both were very impressed!
The birthing suites were huge and the whole L&D ward was beautiful and modern.
They have a nice waiting area for people to go and stretch their legs b/c I guarantee that I won't be as lucky as my SIL, Abbey, and have a 7  minute delivery =)

After we have the baby, we'll go up to the 7th floor to the postpartum ward and those rooms aren't as spacious but are still a good size and seem comfortable.  There is a pull out couch for Doug to sleep as well!

I will be sending the family out an e-mail on directions for parking, etc.  They do offer a discounted parking rate ($2/day) for those coming to visit!!!  You just have to get your ticket validated on the 1st floor!

The floor is on lock down (which I'm very impressed with and love!) so you can't steal the baby, Mom!

I will provide you all (family) with more details but wanted to share the link to the tour and a picture of the birthing suite!!

We are very excited and I'm getting a bit nervous.  Seeing the room sent panic mode to me so I need to work on my calming skills for the next few weeks!  I have never really been in pain before so this will be an interesting experience =)

Hard to believe we have 5 weeks until I'm full term and 8 weeks until my due date!!!
April 7th will be there before we know it!

**I was so impressed that I want to work there *lol*  I will be the crazy person brining my resume to the delivery in case I get a chance to network a bit *lol*  I'm hoping that with my cardiac experience, it will increase my chances of working there! **


1 comment:

Brittany said...

I'm so excited for you!!

And it cracks me up that you're bringing your resume!!