We had our 39 week OB appointment this morning! I told our OB about the pain and discomfort so we were all anxious to see if I had progressed and I had! My cervix is FINALLY thinning and I'm 50% effaced! I'm still only 1 cm dilated but she said she's more concerned about my pelvis thinning than me actually dilating! The head is still down and has dropped more so that is great as well! We talked what the next step is. She is hopeful that I will go any day now but she said she wanted to wait until I'm past my due date to do any induction. She is scheduling us for around the 13th if I haven't had Iris yet. She doesn't want me going way past my due date. We'll find out the exact date at our next appointment (April 8th). But we are all hoping that I go on my own way before then! I left the appointment feeling a little deflated! I was hoping for better news (more dilation) and was hoping she would induce me a lot sooner but I have to be patient and know that she's doing what is best for Iris at the moment!
I gained 3 lbs this past week (must be from all the cake I have been eating this week haha) and that gives me a grand total of 19 lbs!!! Not bad! She also measured Iris with her hands and think she's 6 lbs now and will probably be about 6.5 or 6.6 come delivery!!!! She's doing great and measuring well!!!! We're so thankful for a healthy baby girl and pregnancy!
Tonight, despite me feeling so painful, we are going to hit up Baby R Us to buy the car seat base for my car and try to WALK WALK WALK to see if we can induce labor! I'm making Doug take me Jeni's for some ice cream and just enjoy our potentially last date night out before Iris arrives!!!
Here's a 39 week picture that Doug took yesterday from my phone!
Mom wanted me to send her one to see if I have dropped!
I hope to get a better one tonight!
Ok Iris, the sun is shinning and there is no longer snow on the ground!
You can come out now!
You have some very impatient nana's that want to meet you along with your ever so anxious mom and dad!



3 comments:
Yay for making progress! That is so exciting! Keep us updated on how everything is going!
Glad you are making progress!!! Hopefully she will be here sometime this weekend :) Hang in there mama!
Look at that belly! Glad you are making progress. It wont be much longer!
Post a Comment