Sunday, July 17, 2011

Date Night

On Wednesday, Doug and I had our first date night out and it was so nice!!!  Doug had a business dinner to attend at the Fish Market (yum!) and he was allowed to bring me (yay!) so we worked it out with my work schedule and Mom and Steve offered to watch Iris for us! Thank you!!!

That day I got my hair cut and got ready.  It was nice to bring out all my old dresses to try on and get ready!  I was nervous about leaving Iris for so long and I hoped and pray that she wouldn't throw a fit since the evenings are her hard times since she's getting sleepy for bedtime!

The dinner was so yummy and it was nice to get out of the house for a bit.  We tried all kinds of different appetizers like chili shrimp, raw tuna, and crap, spinach, and artichoke dip.  All were so yummy!  Doug got some really good fish and I opted for parmesean crusted chicken since I'm learning to like fish.  I also ordered vanilla bean creme brulee.  Delicious!!!  After dinner, we rushed back to Iris who was snuggled in my mom's arms!  I was happy she wasn't asleep yet so I could rock her to sleep myself =)

It was a great night and Iris did well!  Mom said she only had 1 melt down haha.  Success!!!
Thanks again for watching her for us!!
picture of Iris that Steve took while we were gone! =)


Sadly, no pictures of Doug and I b/c we were running late to get out of the door (shocker!).  Maybe next time!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Lopez said...

Glad yall got to have a date night!

Dana said...

Yay for date nights! Glad it all went smoothly!!