I was so nervous as to how she would do and I was worried sick over the fact that she might not do well and I didn't want her crying and being unhappy for 8 long hours!
I quickly ran out of the hospital come 3:30p and couldn't wait to pick her up! Dolly said she did well!! She even had some tummy time with another baby and smiled and interacted with the other kids! Only had a small problem...she blew out her diaper *lol* (momma had seafood this weekend and I don't think iris's belly enjoyed it bc she pooped several times today!!!)
Iris must have played hard bc she took a 2 hr nap in her boppy (which she never does) and was ready for bed after her feeding!!!! Daddy didn't even have time to swaddle her before she passed out and so I'm anxious to see how long she will sleep unswaddled!!
So, we jumped over another big hurdle and survived!!! =)
Oh and my first day went well!!!! I just observed the nurse mainly but I did watch a circumcision (ouch!) and performed a heel stick on a fresh new born and gave her a shot of vitamin K! I know....mean nurse! But it was wonderful to play with the babies and empower new mom's!!!
Tomorrow is a new day full of adventure! Hope iris has another great day!!! Wednesday, my mom is watching her so she can have the comforts of being at home!!!



3 comments:
Yay I'm glad mommy and Iris had a good 1st day of a new adventure! For the past week Liz has been sleeping unswaddled because she has a heat rash since its 102+ down here in Texas and she has been sleeping better than when she was swaddled. Hope you have another great day!
Congrats! What a great feeling knowing she did so well!
I'm so glad to hear things went well!! I know how hard it is to leave your baby, especially that first day...it's the worst!
Yay for Iris and Mommy! Keep up the good work! :)
Post a Comment