Monday, November 2, 2009

Last Clinical

Hello!  Tonight I start my last clinical.  I was assigned to the VA hospital in Chilicothe so I will do my 12 hr shift from 7:30pm to 8am.  The whole thing has been a nightmare trying to get it figured out and I didn't find out that I had to do it today until 10 pm last night.  So, hopefully it's a good experience.  It supposed to be a leadership clinical where I learn to be the charge nurse and practice delegating skills to LPNs and the aids.  My preceptor works on a medical/surgical floor so I should have some great experience! 

So, I'm warning you now that I might be calling you all tomorrow morning on my drive home.  It's 1 1/2 hr drive there and 1 1/2 hr drive home.  So after working 12 hrs through the night...that drive might seem like an eternity :)  *** Chamberlain totally sucks to make us drive that far!  Glad my $20,000/year tuition is going to good use!***

Wish me luck!  I just finished the on-line training then heading back to bed to get more sleep to prepare myself haha!

No comments: