Monday, November 9, 2009

New Clinical Site

Hey everyone!  I'm currently at clinical anxiously awaiting my shift to end.  It's 3am and I have just 5 more hours until I'm finished at the VA!!!!  My professor came to my clinical today to check on me after I had told her about how my first day went.  For those of you that don't know...I spent 12.5 hours doing nothing at the VA on night shift in chilicothe.  My clinical hours are 7:30pm to 8am.  Ugh!  I was the only lucky person in my class that got put on night shift!  Lucky me!!!

Well, I went to my professor b/c I didn't think the clinical met my leadership requirements.  I was supposed to be with a charge nurse and learning delegation skills, etc.  Long story short, I felt that I was not receiving that experience here.  So, as of tonight...my professor said that she will give me another site.  It will be at Clinton Memorial in Wilmington which is about 1hr and 12 minutes from my house.  I will have another long drive but hopefully this will meet my requirements for the course!  I will find out more tomorrow when I call my professor back so I'll keep you posted!

Just 6 more 12 hr shifts and I'll be done with clinicals for forever!!!!  Or until I decide to go back for my master's!!!  =)

No comments: