Saturday, March 27, 2010

Texas here I come!!

I leave tomorrow at 8:45am for Brownsville, Tx.  
Brownsville, TX locator map
As you can see on the map, I'm going way to the bottom of Texas =)  I'll also be about 20 miles from the Gulf Coast!  So sad that Doug can't come with me.  I think it would have been so much fun doing it together.

Valley Regional Medical Center

This is the hospital where I will be interviewing for a RN job on Monday morning.  I meet with the director at 10:30am.  The position is for a medical/surgical RN position for 12 hr night shift (7pm-7am)


South Padre Island

This is where I plan to go after my interview on Monday!  I hope to find a nice beach somewhere close and put my feet in the sand!  That is, if I can get over that long bridge.  I'll probably have sweaty palms and have a mini stroke going over it but I will attempt it!

I'm very nervous about flying alone but am very excited for the opportunity!  I started packing and have almost everything ready to go!  I originally thought that I could just bring a carry-on. I think I was just trying to fool myself!  All off you that have traveled with me are probably laughing right now!

Well, it turns out, I had to get my big suite case out =)  You can never have too many shirts, books, snacks, or flip flops for any trip!  You have to be prepared!  I'm not sure what to expect.  There is a Wal-mart close by just in case I forgot something!!!

I'm taking Doug's laptop so I plan to blog and upload pictures when I can.  I'll be back on Tuesday evening!  I fly in at 11:10pm ugh!  Doug and I both work on Wednesday morning!

Wish me luck!  
I'm excited for this little adventure!

No comments: