Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thinking...

So, lately I have been doing some thinking.  With this whole job search thing, I have been getting very frustrated.  The possible job at OSU where Doug works would be good but the pay is not so good compared to what I would get at the Hospital.  Try a big $10,000 difference :(

That has started me to look elsewhere.  On a whim, I applied for a few jobs in other states.  One was Texas and the others were South Carolina and Florida.  Surprisingly, I got a few calls back right away.  I had a phone interview yesterday with the people from Texas and had another phone interview today with a job in Florida.  I'm not too interested in the job in Texas b/c it's at the bottom of the US and WAY TOO FAR from home.  Plus, it's a med/surg job (floor nurse) and I would be working 7pm to 7am.

The one in Florida I really like and they really like me!!!  Its for a cardiac ICU step-down unit.  I could have my pick of days or nights (12 hr shifts) and it's right on the Atlantic coast.  Hello Sun!!!  The job seems like something I would really like.  The interview went well except now they want to see me in person.  They do not offer the sign-on bonus that I had hoped for and they will not pay for me to fly down....booo!

So, we're  back to square one.  I think moving to another state would be way to hard since we have our condo and Doug would have to find a job also.

Why is it that I throw my resume out there and get a hit the next day but in Columbus, Ohio I have in been searching for 3 months and have not a single interview?????

SO ANNOYING!

Last night, I had a mini meltdown and called a good friend, Abby.  I then started to look at jobs at Clinton Memorial (Wilmington, OH that is 1hr away) where I had my last clinical.  I applied for an ICU job and an ER job.  I like the ER job hours.  They are 11am to 11pm...fantastic!!!  I could sleep in =)  I also applied for a few jobs in Springfield.  They had a labor & delivery position opened and I couldn't apply fast enough *lol*

So, thanks for letting me vent and please keep your fingers crossed!  I would really really like a nursing job ASAP!!!

No comments: