
Oh the joys of being a cardiac RN
I finished up my internship classes this week and have finally completed my internship!
I still have a few more weeks left of training but the classroom part of it is finished.
I took my basic arrhythmia test yesterday and passed with flying colors =) That just means that I am able to read the telemetry monitor and diagnosis the different rhythms to let the Dr know and figure out how to treat them!
Throughout the classes, I was able to learn how to use the defibrillator and am now able to defribrillate someone if they "code." Scary huh?!?

This is a rhythm when you would shock them =)
Wednesday was my first day back on the floor after 3 long weeks!
I wasn't sure how it would go but I took on 3 patients. I was non stop the whole entire day!
I didn't think I would ever get caught up *lol* I had 3 tough patients though and my preceptor was shocked that I kept up so well! I did successfully insert another IV. It took me 2 attempts but I got it. The first attempt, the vein blew so that technically wasn't my fault =) But I got it on the 2nd try and boy did I make a mess!!! I need to learn a quicker and cleaner technique so I don't get blood everywhere! (sorry for making some of you gag a little while reading this)
My patient afterwards asked my why I was so broken out so I told him that I get hives when I'm nervous and trying to insert an IV makes me nervous *lol* We both had a good laugh!
I wish there was a pill to prevent the world from knowing when I'm so nervous or upset *lol*
The hives on my neck are a dead givaway!

Tomorrow I'm back on the floor for 12 1/2 hrs and then on Sunday night, I begin my night shift!!!
I'm a little nervous but I'm also excited at the same time. I have been hearing great things about the night shift crew and they seem so nice when I take report from them. They pay will be fantastic also so I can suck it up for at least a year or two!
Anyone want to bring me Starbucks at 3am?!?



1 comment:
What a relief to be finished with MORE schooling! What a exciting adventure you are on~
Post a Comment