Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kindred Connection-Movie Edition

Windy Poplars

Hey Bloggers!  
This week, you can head on over to Windy-poplars for this week's
Kindred Connection!  

This is my favorite topic! 

Movie Edition =)

1. What was your favorite movie as a child?

My favorite movie as a child was always the Wizard of Oz!!  I remember my mom would let me stay up late so I could watch the whole movie on Sunday nights each year.  I never did end up staying awake the whole time but I love the music and scenery!  The baby munchkins in the nest were always my favorite to look for!
wizard-of-oz-dvdcover

I'm also so super excited because I get to see Wicked in August!!!
I have never seen the play before but I hear it's amazing!

2. If you could live in any movie as your fictional world, which one would it be?

This is a hard one...Based on scenery, I would love to live in Under the Tuscan Sun!  This movies has the best scenes and I would love to have a house and all those sunflowers!
under-the-tuscan-sun.jpg

3. Have you ever seen a midnight showing, or hosted a movie release party? Tell us about it!

I had a bunch of my friends from nursing school come over to watch Sex and the City (the first movie) at my house and this year a bunch of the same girls when to see the 2nd one!  Fun times =)
4. What movie release are you most looking forward to this year?

I'm such a Twilight Junkie!!!  
So, Eclipse =)  
Eclipse Poster - eclipse-movie photo

In the beginning, I didn't understand the big excitement of Twilight and thought it was dumb.  I don't like vampires.  But after so many people kept talking about it on facebook and a lot of my friends were caught up in it, I decided to read Twilight last summer.  Midway through, I was hooked!!!!  I read them all and I want to read them again and again!
So good!!!
I'm hoping to take my 2 nieces for a girl's day to see it on July 8th!
Can't wait!

5. Are you a theatre goer, renter, or wait-and-buyer?
I love LOVE love to go to the theater to see movies! 
There's just something about the big screen, the loud soundtrack, and the smell of popcorn!
It's one of our favorite date nights!
But it's expensive so we don't do it as often as we like!
In Columbus, we are lucky to have a $2 theater so we do see some movies there 
but our favorite theater is the Lennox!
Lennox Town Center - Attraction - 777 Kinnear Rd, Columbus, OH, 43212, US
You can bring your own drinks and snacks here so it's nice!
Lately, we have been a bit addicted to Netflix so we do get movies often in the mail and have a nice movie night cuddled up on the couch!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for joining the fun this week Mrs. Barker! Sounds like you guys are true movie buffs! You're not the only one who would choose to live in Under the Tuscan Sun. I've never seen it, but now that a couple of you have mentioned it, I'm curious. Hope you're enjoying your week so far...

Katiebee said...

*lol* i see you didn't mention "inappropiate movie night" with the MIL