Thursday, September 30, 2010

Trip to the Columbus Zoo

Doug took a personal day today and took me to the Columbus Zoo!  Oh, the joys of living in Columbus!  We are just 20 minutes away from some of the most amazing animals =)  We had a great day!  It was nice to get out of the house and soak up some sun and vitamin D!  We took lots of breaks to rest and of course, eat =)  I'm now hungry all the time!!!  I did puke right before we left *lol*  I jinxed myself by saying it was over a week since I was sick haha  But as I was puking I couldn't stop thinking about getting a pretzel with mustard at the zoo haha So, I knew I would be okay today!  It hit me quickly and I was back to normal after =)  Craziness!!!  Gwen Stefani had it right in her song about her being pregnant!  "this is the most craziest shit ever" =)  haha

So, we started our zoo journey at the back like we always do!  Asia quest and then African Forest!!!  We hit all our favorite stops including the manatee building and the aquarium!  We didn't go to the reptile house (thank goodness!) and ran out of steam to go to see the elephants.  That'll be next time!

Hello Kangaroo!

Goodbye Kangaroo!
(1st time we have ever saw them hop the path!)





Baby bump picture at 14 weeks!


How neat is he!  A little bit scary but so neat!
I could have watched him for hours!

This little booger scared the pee out of me!  
He would pretend to be distracted and run and bang on the glass in front of you =)  
He did it twice haha

see the little family!


Feeding time for the penguins!

This was so neat to see!


Last we came to the Polar Bear Exhibit!  
This is new this year and pretty neat!


He was scratching himself on a tree!

Brown bear!

Looks so cuddly!

They were throwing fish down to feed them. 






Getting ready to jump =)
Doug was lucky to be below and see him swim around!

awww...so nice =)

the view from the underwater exhibit

We were hoping he would jump down again but instead he decided to rest!


The polar bear exhibit was pretty neat!  This was our first time to see it since it was new this summer!
We are so lucky to live so close to such a neat place!  We renewed our membership today and got a family membership for Gilby =)  I plan to take the baby on my days off to get some exercise.  Another benefit at having the baby in Spring!  We have the whole summer and fall to enjoy!



1 comment:

Brittany said...

What a great day!! I have not seen the polar bears yet, but really want to. I am so happy we live by such an amazing zoo!