Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baby update

Doug and I went to our 24 week appointment (2 weeks later due to the holidays and my crazy work schedule) yesterday!  I'm now 26 weeks!  My OB had just left to deliver a baby so we met with the nurse again!  She did the doppler on my belly and the heart rate was 140!  Perfect!

I also did my glucose tolerace test and had my blood drawn for that and to check my hemoglobin.  Anemia is high during this stage in my pregnancy.  I got the results today and everything came back normal!  yeah!!!!  Iris and momma are doing great!  I'm so thankful for a great pregnancy minus all the morning sickness in the beginning but I'll take that any day knowing that she's growing and staying healthy!

I go back in 2 weeks on Jan. 10th for my big RHO Gam shot in my booty since I'm O-!  Oh joy!  Wish I could skip that one but it's to protect my future babies if baby Iris is +.  If I get her blood mixed with mine during delivery, I'll make antibodies to fight off the next pregnancy.  We're not sure what blood type Doug is yet but they will give me this shot anyways.  If Iris is + at birth, then I'll get another shot.  Not fair!!!

Then in 4 weeks, I'll go for my last monthly appointment!  I'll be 30 weeks and I'll begin going to appointments every 2 weeks!  My how fast this pregnancy has gone!

Iris has been so busy lately!  She has been doing disco dance party in my belly and Doug has had plenty of opportunities to feel her.  The other morning, I had him feel her and then layed belly to belly so she could kick him some =)  I'm sure it's because of all the sweets that I have been eating and I'm actually quite shocked that I passed my glucose tolerance test *lol*  I also have FINALLY gained some weight!  I'm 6 lbs passed my first OB appointment!!!

So, things are looking good for Iris and momma!  We also think that we picked a middle name =)

Iris Grace

25 weeks and 6 days

2 comments:

Katiebee said...

love the picture of you in front of the tree! i love the name iris grace~ how exciting it will be to meet my newest grandaughter!

Kristin said...

What a cozy, festive picture :-)