Friday, April 8, 2011

Just a preview =)

So, our little pride and joy is finally here and we are so in love!!!  Never have I thought I could love something so much!  We can just stare at her all day long!  We love to cuddle with her and just hold her!  We are all doing well and adjusting!  We were discharged from the hospital yesterday so today was our first full day at home!  We had our first pediatric appointment this afternoon and Iris is doing great!  She gained about 1/2 a pound in a day =)  She went from 6 lbs 3 oz down to 5 lbs and 13 oz when we were discharged and today was 6 lbs and 6 oz. Needless to say, my milk finally came in and Iris is addicted!!!  She prefers to nurse about every hour!  I love after she nurses b/c then she's in a milk coma and is just adorable!!!

Here's some pictures of our baby girl!

Kangaroo Care

in the hospital bassinette

in her cocoon
smiling!!

Daddy loves his baby girl

Iris on her way home from the Hospital

We're home!!!

Birth story coming soon!!

8 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

Yay! congratulations, she is beautiful!

Jen said...

Yay for being home already! Hope you all are having a good first few days at home!

Katiebee said...

the picture of her smiling.....priceless!

Mama B said...

Awww, she's such a little peanut! She is SO adorable. And, I can't believe you got such a cute sleep/smiley face on camera already! I LOVE that face. I have to start nursing with my camera right next to me from now on so I can catch B's face like that! ;)

dave and jenn said...

She is just precious! Loved all the pictures!

Dana said...

She is beautiful!!! Congrats to you both!

Mrs. Lopez said...

She is adorable!

Nicole J said...

She is perfect! I'm so happy for your new family. Congrats and best of luck!