This past Monday, I had my OB check-up and everything went well! I'm finally getting back to my old self. My incision looks great and I really have no complaints other than it is still a bit tender but I haven't needed any medication (ibuprofen) for about 2 weeks!!! I also was so anxious to get weighed. At home, I saw that I lost weight but I was curious to see what their scales said since that's what I have been going with since I was pregnant. So, I gained 19 lbs and got up to 157 lbs!!!! I ended up losing 25 lbs and am down to 132 which was much less than I started with pre-pregnancy!!! I was thrilled!!! Thank you breastfeeding!!!!
I took Iris to the appointment and she was so cute! She got a bit fussy once I got into the room so my OB took her on a tour of the place and pretty much held her until she did my exam! Have I told you how much I LOVE my OB?! =) We did discuss the possibility of us having more children and if I could do a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) and she said that the odds were against me. With Iris being such a tiny baby and not being able to birth her, she felt more comfortable just doing a c-section again. I'm okay with that so we'll just have to see if we decide on more children down the road!
Afterwards, I went next door to where I work part-time at the Internal Medicine office (when they need me!). I was there for over an hour showing her off to the staff and doctors. She did well!!! She was so awake so everyone got to see her pretty blue eyes!!!
As for Iris, she's doing great! She is beginning to coo more and is a lot more alert. During the day, I struggle to get her to nap. I found that if I put her in her swing in the bathroom, I can jump in the shower quickly. If she gets fussy, I can turn on the hair dryer and she'll get quiet! =) She loves to suck on her hands still and it's so precious!!! She also goes to town on her paci! Sounds like maggie simpson! She loves car rides and doesn't fuss much when we put her in her car seat. She'll look around and eventually fall asleep. But if we stop at a light, she gets annoyed and wants bounced more so she'll fuss! It's hysterical! We're lucky to have a baby that loves car rides!
She also began to look at us and smile when she hears our voices. Most precious thing ever! Doug got her to smile at him yesterday!!!! I can talk with her and she will smile so big. She has always smiled but now, we can induce it instead of her doing it on her own. She will just lock eyes with me and follow me. Never have I thought I would be in love so much. I knew having a baby would be wonderful but never have I thought how amazing it would be!!!
We couldn't be happier!!!
This is my little peanut! =)




3 comments:
Iris is so precious! Love that she's a fist sucker, too cute!
Reading this post only gets me that much more excited to meet the little man come July! :)
She is so cute! Look at those big eyes!
Post a Comment