Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy 3 Months Iris!

I'm a little late at posting this so you are technically 13 weeks in these pictures!
You are getting so big and oh so adorable!!!!
See those cheeks...the are so soft and kissable!  
Momma loves to attack you with kisses on those cheeks!

Clothes:  You are pretty much all grown out of your newborn outfits *tear*  You are now in to 0-3 months and 3 months. Some of your 0-3 month outfits are even getting tight.  Mostly your pj's are getting snug because of your big 'ole milk belly =)  You have some of the cutest outfits and I love to play dress up!!!  Dadda isn't a fan of your bows and hair pieces so momma has to sneak them on you when he's not looking!!!

We also started putting you in your cloth diapers.  You are in size 1 of the disposable and are now wearing size small fuzzibunz!



Food:  You are nursing about 20 minutes now.  With momma going back to work and you getting bottles more often, we struggle sometimes to get you to nurse.  It seems to happen when you are so tired and maybe you don't want to work for your milk and have a melt down.  Momma just tries to stay calm and let you rest a bit and try again in a few minutes.  Or dadda takes you and makes you happy and we try again.  Seems to do the trick =)  Momma didn't want you to not want to nurse anymore since I love to bond with you that way!!!  We're figuring it out.  I'm making sure I pump twice at work so I have plenty of milk for you the next time I'm away.  So, far, no issues with my milk supply, etc!  Yeah!!!  So, happy I have stuck with it since it's the best thing for you.  It's very challenging but worth every ounce of effort!

Sleep:  Well, we totally have messed up your sleeping habits this weekend.  You have been sleeping in your napper but are starting to out grow it so we moved you to your pack'n play this weekend and you are not a fan.  We made you cry it out last night because you wouldn't stay asleep.  We made sure you had a full belly, clean diaper and you would fall asleep in our arms and as soon as we would put you down, your eyes would pop back open!  You were up until midnight last night!  Fell asleep finally and then at 1am was up and back up every 2 to 3 hrs.  Momma wanted to cry!  But it's all a learning faze.  After a few pointers from friends, we moved your crib into our room and that is where you are sleeping peacefully now.  Hope it continues through the night!  Or for a few hours at least!!!

On a side note, before the big transition, you were giving us about 1 to 2 nights of at least 7 hrs of sleep in a row!!!  Other nights, you would give us 5-6 hrs in a row between feedings!!!  You still love to sleep in and you and I usually snuggle after your early morning feeding and we sleep until at least 10 am!!!  I love my little lazy baby!!! =)

Activities:  You have become very active the past few days/weeks!  You are wiggling and this week, have started to try and roll over from your back.  You twist to get to your side so I bet any day now, you'll flip over.  You love your vibrating bouncy seat with your giraffe toy attached to it.  You can reach his legs since they are nice and long.  You can also grab and hold on to his feet and try to bring them to your mouth. 

You are also going nuts over your hands still!  Sucking away.  You have also began to drool like crazy so your hands and face are always moist haha!  You love to blow bubbles as well!


You are not a fan of belly time but momma still needs to make you do it so you have better head control and will help you to roll over.  We started putting you in your jumperoo.  You are still a little too small for it but you get the biggest smile when I bounce you in it!

Likes:  Your favorite people and still momma and dadda!  You give us the biggest smiles when we talk to you!  Melts my heart!  You have began to LOVE looking at yourself in the mirror or as nanna says, "you are looking at your twin lilly" =)  You also enjoy your nanna time once a week.  We are lucky to have her come to town to watch you while momma goes to work!  That means less time for us to use a sitter!  We have you go there only when nanna isn't available!  

Dislikes:  You do not like being put down for naps.  Momma cannot figure it out.  So she finds herself holding you lots which I just love!  Housework can wait for at night when you are asleep =)  I love snuggling you especially right before I have to leave for work.  Makes up for when I don't get to rock and sing you to sleep on the nights I work.  

Personality:  You are such a happy and sweet baby!  You can be very "sensitive" as we call it at times as well.  You can go from 0-60 in no time with fits but I think you get your temper from your dadda.  You startle easily and love to stick out your lip and pout.  Momma tells you not to stick out your lip b/c it breaks my heart.  =)  It's the cutest thing ever!!!  You just shine when we talk to you and you love to talk to us!  You will give us the cheesiest grin and then shyly turn away!  You love to grab on when you nap as if to tell me to not put you down and snuggle in our arms.  
You make our world so much brighter!!!  
We love you!!!




4 comments:

Tami said...

Happy 3 months Iris! She is such a cutie pie and looks adorable in her cloth diapers. I love dressing up Emerson too and my husband is not a fan of the bows at all but we will still wear them as often as possible. :)

Jeska said...

It's crazy how fast they grow and progress! She's such a cutie!

dave and jenn said...

So cute! And I think it's awesome you are switching to cloth diapers. Would love to know which ones you end up liking the most!

Mrs. Lopez said...

Glad the breastfeeding is still working out for you! She is so cute! Liz really didn't like her pack n play either. We kept her in there for the first 6 weeks then we moved her to her crib. She also doesn't like to be put down.