Hard to believe it's all over! The celebrations were so much fun and oh so stressful! Such a busy schedule to be here and there but it was all worth it! To have both my parents and in-laws be apart of my special day was something that I had hoped for.
The day started out with waiting....waiting for the time to leave only to rush to graduation to wait for the ceremony to start. Boy do I hate waiting around. As the minutes ticked by, my anxiety level increased =) I spent most of the time taking pictures with friends and talking about how far we have come!
Then it was time!!!!!!! We lined up and the doors open! This was IT! One of the biggest days! We marched in! I was 2nd in line (thank goodness! I'm no longer in the back of the line like I was when my maiden name was Wion). I sat and listened to some beautiful speeches from the Deans and of my good friend Sam. Then it was time! To march up, get pinned and then pick up my diploma! What an amazing feeling it was to walk across the stage!
After the ceremony, we went to Barnes & Nobles to look around and then Dad, Doug, and I went o Jeni's to get some ice cream!
After that, we met up with our family and friends at Spaghetti Warehouse! We had fabulous food and the yummiest cake ever! Not only was it yummy, but it was super cute too!
Getting to spend the day with some of the most wonderful people made the whole experience that much more enjoyable! Thanks to all of you who came! You have no idea how much it meant to me to have you there!
And a special "thanks" to my best friend and husband! Doug, you truly have been a saint! You were there through it all. Through the many nights where we had grilled cheese for dinner when I had to study, nights alone when I was at clinicals, weekends spent at home being "bored" because I was too busy writing papers and reading chapters after chapters to go anywhere fun! Thanks for giving me your shoulder to cry on when I was so overwhelmed with everything and taking me out to dinner or Jeni's to celebrate when I passed a test or class! I could not have done this without you! You helped push me along!
I love you!























4 comments:
What a great day!!! I wish I could have been there... You are so loved to have all those people there to celebrate with you! I sure am proud of you!!! That chapter of your life is finally done.. whew! I really can't believe it either! I love you!!! Abby
Thanks for inviting us to be a part of your day! I'm excited to see where this journey will take you~
Thanks for inviting us to be a part of your day! I'm excited to see where this journey will take you~
Thanks everyone!! It's amazing that it's all over. I find myself thinking that I should be working on homework or figuring out which days I need to be at class *lol* Then I realize that I'm finished! I still have to study for my boards. I'm not sure when I'll take them. I have to wait for them to tell me! Did I ever tell you how much I hate waiting??? =)
Post a Comment