Today was my first day of Ohio Health orientation. I was so excited that I didn't care about getting up at 5:55am to get ready! I have been waiting for this day for a LONG time and to have finally reached this goal is one of the best feelings ever (besides marrying my best friend!!!).
Orientation was like all other orientations. Go over the mission statement of Ohio Health, talk about benefits, and do those every so annoying "meet and greet" activities where my anxiety levels increase b/c I know no one there! Ugh! First day of school all over again! I was, however, the only RN at my table and it felt FANTASTIC!!!
The orientation was at a conference center in Dublin so I didn't have to travel far. They provided breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. All of which I ate like I was anorexic because (those of you who know my fear of eating in front of people and the dreaded "buffet style" meals) I am just very uncomfortable eating around people I do not know!! I almost didn't eat breakfast at first but I knew I would either pass out or you could hear my stomach growl throughout the whole room so I decided to bulk up and eat something anyways!!
The day flew by so I think it was a success! I have tons of paperwork and benefits stuff to figure out. I now have my big girl job so I have to "plan for the future" and make smart choices now so that I have a nice retirement!! All of which are a foreign language to me so I will become best friends with the benefit support staff!
Tomorrow starts my nursing orientation. I'm excited for that and to begin my 12 weeks of training!!! I'm a bit nervous but super excited to finally be a nurse!!!
1 comment:
how exciting! your picture is so cute~
xo
mil
Post a Comment