Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My first day on the floor

I survived my first day yesterday!!!  It was a long day but it went pretty quickly considering it was for 12 1/2 hrs!!!  I'll take that!  I didn't do much, just had a day of shadowing the nurse to see how she does things.  We had 4 patients and only 1 stayed the whole shift.  We received 2 new admissions and others left for tests, one was discharged, and one went to surgery and will stay in recovery.  It was not too crazy!  I'll take that as a first day! =)

I work Wednesday and Thursday this week and will be off until Monday!  Not bad!  I did however know that I require coffee in the morning and cozier shoes *lol*  My little crocks just do not cut it for 12 hrs!  Once I get the paychecks flowing again, I'm going to get a cozy pair and some new scrubs! It's also FREEZING on the south side (our floor is broken up into 4 sections).  We share the south side with CACU and those are patients getting ready for the cath lab from outpatient.  Those women are menopausal.  We tried to raise the temp and they freaked out saying not to put it higher than 65 degrees!!!!  OMG, I'm going to be an ice cube!!!

I will be with my permanent preceptor tomorrow and will probably get my first patient.  I'm excited to get more hands on!!

1 comment:

Katiebee said...

you better watch picking on us meno's..*lol* glad your 1st day was a good one!