Friday, May 14, 2010

I survived my first week!

One week down of training and at least 11 more to go =)  This week was full of classes and on-line training and a big assessment test!  BORING!!!!!!!!!!!  But the week went fast!!!  Everything went well! My assessment test that tested my critical thinking, I tested in the "acceptable" range.   So I do not need to be fired (just kidding) or be put in any "extra" classes!  She said I was right where I needed to be as a new grad!!!

Next week...****so excited**** I start my three 12 hr days!!!!!  I go up to the floor and will work 7am to 7pm!  I will start out as shadowing and my educator said that I can jump in at any time and start working as a nurse!  I will be on the floor until the 2nd week of June and then my internship classes start.  I will take classes for a few more weeks to really get acclimated to being a RN.  I will switch to my hired shift of working nights (7pm to 7am) the week of June 27th.  So, in the mean time, I'll be on days!!

So exciting!!!  I can't wait to get my hands dirty and work as a nurse!  My body and mind is just not meant to sit at a computer 8-5pm five days a week!  I need to be up and running!  =)

1 comment:

Katiebee said...

I'm so proud of you! You are going to be the type of nurse that makes a difference in someones life~ Your patients will remember your kindness and your sweetness~

xo

mil