Friday, July 16, 2010

Last day at the beach!

I'm so sad to say that we are leaving the beach life tomorrow!  I really wish we could have stayed a lot longer!  There is nothing better than waking up and sitting outside to see dolphins swim in the ocean!  Just the sound of the waves was amazing!

Oh, how I will miss you!
Our little daily set up!

Our beach buddies!


Doug and I



The waves were really strong today but we all decided to try them anyways!
Doug and his dad are like fish swimming.  Me, not so much.


Doug had to take me along because the waves were just too strong for me.
We couldn't catch a break from one big wave crashing down on us to the next.  Once we were past all the big waves, the water was above my head so I clung to Doug for my life!  (I can't swim!).  Once we were out there, Doug's dad saw something big in the water so I took the next wave as my ride into the beach.
I left the boys out there to fend for themselves!  Once I got to the shore, everyone was looking and pointing and there were 2 dolphins swimming just a few feet away from where we were!

How neat!  
No so much, when you are close and it's hard to tell if it's a shark or dolphin. 

After our swim, Doug and I showered and headed to Pawley's Island to visit the Hammock shops!
We had to pick up a few little gifts.  After we got back, we had dinner at Conch!

We sat on their patio facing the ocean!  
Perfect view, perfect dinner, and perfect company!




Until next year =)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks like you're so relaxed and rejuvenated! I love the sea... I'm sure it WILL be hard to leave! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures with us so we could travel there along with you :-). I've heard that Pawley's Island is enchanting...but we're never been there. I guess we'll have to put in on our list of "to-visits"! Happy weekend...

Katiebee said...

until next time!