I have been getting lots and lots of practice with IV's lately and I have been having so much fun! (I know...most of you are cringing) I love a good challenge so I'm very please with myself when I get it on the first try! which has been happening the last 5 or 6 times!!!
One patient had one that infiltrated (fluids oozing into the skin rather than into the vein) so I had to replace it. It was inserted by the IV specialist team so I was a bit nervous trying her. She said she was stuck multiple times before they got it and then it went bad. So I tried and got it on the first try!!!! Woohoo!
I even had a patient tell me this week that it was painless!
Fantastic!



1 comment:
Well done! I'm sure this boosts your confidence as well as your patient's adoration of you ;-). Hope you're having a great week.-
Post a Comment