Sunday, July 11, 2010

Swimming in the ocean =)

It was a hot one at the beach today!  There wasn't much of a breeze and every time we would move our chairs close to the water, the tide would keep going out =)

Most of the morning, Kate and I read in the shallow water and the boys took their boogie boards out to ride some waves =)

Doug and his dad


After that, they were pooped!!!


Kate reading =)

Then after I was about to die from a heat stroke, I decided to get in and attempt to ride some waves in as well!  I tried but I'm not very good at it =)  So, I just floated along and jumped some of the big waves that came.  I did attempt one wave but I think it just tossed me!

Afterwards, we came in and had dinner (thanks to our crockpot) and then headed out to Barnes & Nobles for some more beach reading and to those famous Wings stores that sell all the beach crap =) 
Then we hit up Kroger's and Walmart for the last of the things off our grocery list!

TOMORROW...I'm so excited....we're heading to Sullivan's Island!!!
It's about 20 minutes from Charleston and I'm so excited to go there again.  We went 2 years ago and just walked the beach but this time, we're spending the day!!!!

There's also a light house there, Mom, so I'll definitely post pictures tomorrow night!!!

1 comment:

Katiebee said...

what's a beach without a lighthouse!