Monday, August 9, 2010

7 Weeks

How far along: 7 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed myself yet but with the nausea and such, I can feel that my clothes are looser!
Maternity clothes: not yet and probably  not for a few more weeks!
Stretch marks: no...way to early 
Sleep: I need it all the time!  I never knew how tired you can be in the first trimester.  Feels like I have no energy to move.
Best moment this week: Spending Doug's birthday looking at Carter's for clothes and then sitting outside Jeni's talking and having him tell me I had a little "glow" today!  Love him!
Movement: none yet and not until a few more weeks!  I just have intense burning from my uterus growing
Food cravings: I have odd cravings and need food right now and then I go for a few days where I don't even want to think about eating
Food aversions: Chipotle (gag!) or anything too spicey.  I craved that last week and it had me so sick for days
Gender: I have a strong feeling its a boy!
Belly Button in or out: in
What I miss: rodeo red wine, a good ice cold coke, and just feeling hungry and have a normal appetite
What I am looking forward to: feeling the baby move and to look a little pregnant and not so bloated
Weekly Wisdom: to just be thankful for every ache and pain!  I'm growing a little miracle =)
Milestones: Just can't wait to make it to the first ultrasound next week!

Babycenter.com weekly update:

How your baby's growing:

The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.

If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.

2 comments:

Katiebee said...

such fasinating info!

Ms. Emmy N said...

How cool to know just how your baby is growing and developing at your exact stage in pregnancy. And I am sure you are glowing! What an exciting adventure you are on!