This has been the hardest secret to keep but we are slowly spreading the joy!
We had been trying for only a little over a month and were very successful! While we were on vacation, we had suspected that we were pregnant but were unsure. So, once we returned, I took a pregnancy test that Sunday but it was negative. Then 2 days later, I still hadn't started my (.) so on my way home from work, I stopped by CVS and bought their brand of pregnancy tests. Doug was with me that morning I got off so we both sat and waited then looked. Doug's first response was that he was sad we weren't pregnant but then I looked closer and there was the faintest blue line you ever did see! I guess that's what I get for buying generic tests. He was still skeptical but I was hopeful!
Later after I woke up, I took another one and the result was the same, a very faint blue line. So, I had Doug ask at work to see if I can get an order to have my HCG drawn at the end of the week! He scheduled me and last Friday morning, I left work and got my blood drawn. I went to bed and waited for his phone call!
Finally around 1:28pm, Doug called and his first words were, "we're going to be parents!!!" I had signed a release to have the nurse give Doug the results as soon as they came in! Best words to hear ever! What made it more enjoyable was that they were from Doug and not a stranger!
you can see the faint blue line
Amazing!!!
Next came the joy of telling the family!
The next day was Saturday and we decided to tell the in-laws since Doug's mom was leaving later in the week to go on vacation again and it was her birthday. So, we decided to celebrate her birthday early and tell her the news!
Kate's birthday gift =)
With my family, we had planned to have a cook-out so it was the perfect opportunity to tell them.
I handed mom and my grandma this card =)
Afterwards we had a nice cook-out and played cards!
We're only starting our 6th week so it's still very early in the pregnancy! I have my first OB appointment on August 19th! We can't wait to hear the heart beat!!! I think we are still in shock but so overjoyed and excited!
So, more about the pregnancy after that!!



7 comments:
I'm so happy for you guys. You are going to make wonderful parents.
Aimee
Congratulations Ash! Of course I was suspicious when you said you had "news"! How are you feeling so far? Hope you have a great Monday...come join us for our Week of Confessions over at Windy Poplars! I'm so looking forward to it!
CONGRATULATIONS! What an exciting adventure! Can't wait to see more updates and of course, prego belly pics, lol :) Hope you STAY feeling well!
-kristin
Congratulations, you're very blessed.
Oh my Gosh Congratulations!! So happy for you!
(Also your EDD is my birthday woohoo!) ;)
awww yay!!! congrats!! :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You both will be wonderful parents...and Baby Barker will be absolutely ADORABLE! I love how you told your families..so special! I also like how you took a picture of the prego test...I wish I would have thought of that! :)
Post a Comment