Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baby B at 14 weeks =)

Today, Doug and I had our 14 week ultrasound.  I think we were a bit nervous because you never know how it's going to be.  There is always that fear that something has happened and the baby is not doing well.  Especially, with me not eating so much, I was afraid to not be getting enough nutrients.  We went to OSU for the ultrasound and my blood pressure was great!  My weight....not so much.  I was down another 1-2 lbs totaling a 10 lb weight loss.  That's not good!  It's not horrible but the doctor just wants to see me improve so I was a bit sad that I had lost since our appointment 1 1/2 weeks ago.  But I was also pretty sick last week so I guess that's why.  I am growing a belly so I guess all my weight has gone to my baby!!!

However, I'm so please to say that I haven't puked in over a week and my nausea has really subsided!  I haven't even had to take any anti nausea meds in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I take it for work just in case but things are improving!!! =)  Woohoo!  I have also had a good appetite and cooked a huge yummy meal last night for dinner.  I almost finished my whole plate!  I still get a bit nauseated after I eat but I think that will be that way for awhile.  Nothing compared to what it was.  Usually, my dinner would come up quickly after.  I even had a bedtime snack =)  Doug was pleased to see me more energetic and actually eating!!!!!  

So, I think my weight loss will come to an end! =)  

The appointment went well, the ultrasound tech was so nice and she went through the anatomy with us and we could see baby B!!!!  He was laying, what looked to be, upside down on a little pillow =)  He wasn't moving much and I was a bit worried but he was just sleeping!
After she was doing the measurements, I think she ticked him off and he eventually flipped over and started moving up a storm!!!  It was amazing to see!  He kept making this jerky movements and love to kick his head back.  So funny!  He would even open and close his mouth!  

look at that cute profile =)
baby's arm

butt shot =)  
Look at those long legs!

alien face...creepy!

***And my most favorite***


How precious is that?  
Baby B is so adorable!  How could you not just fall in love =)

It was amazing to see his arms and legs moves so much!  He seemed to love having his hands up by his face!  We had so many neat pictures.  The quality of uploading them isn't as good but I have the copies to stare at all the time!  Doug took one to work and showed baby B off =)

We also started registering.  We registered at Target and I went to Buy Buy Baby (owners of Bed Bath & Beyond) to register just to get the free stuff =)  The only store in Ohio is in Columbus but it was nice to get some ideas.  I found most things at target already but I can use coupons there.  Especially, those 20% off BB&B coupons we get all the time!!!

We're tickled to death and so happy the baby is doing great!  The Dr (not my OB) said we had a very health baby and our risk for Down Syndrome is pretty much negative!!!    

I'm happy for a healthy baby!

Baby B was measuring 7.8 cm (from head to butt-not including those long legs)
 and the heart rate was 140 bpm =)



2 comments:

Brittany said...

So happy to hear you're feeling better! Baby B looks precious in those pictures!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

YAY!!! Baby B!!!