Wednesday, January 26, 2011

30 week OB appointment

On Monday, Doug and I went to our 30 week appointment!  Eek!  Where has the time gone?  Just 10 weeks away from being parents and having Iris with us!  We are beyond thrilled!!!!

My appointment went well!  We got to meet Dr. Turner this time.  They have us meet the other OB in the practice because Dr. Pool or Dr. Turner will be the ones to deliver Iris.  Dr. Turner was so great!!!  We really liked her as well!  We're so happy with that practice!

We listened to Iris's heartbeat which was 142!!!  She's always in the 140's and doing great!  She measured my belly and we're right on target!  We talked about me doing fetal kick counts which is so easy b/c Iris is constantly moving now!  She was practicing kick boxing this week!  Ouch!

We also discussed my weight...I'm not sure why I keep struggling to gain but we're going to have to really work at it.  I only gained 1 lb this past month.  So, that makes a total of 8 lb gain since my 8 week OB visit (the normal pregnancy weight gain in 40 weeks is about 25 lbs).  She's not too concerned at the moment since the baby seems to be active and measuring right on target but if I don't gain more by the next visit (in 2 weeks...yikes!) then they might consider doing an ultrasound to really check and make sure Iris is growing and staying healthy.

So, I have been trying to pack on the calories as much as I can *lol*  I still strive to eat healthy but have been craving sweets so I don't hesitate and eat what I want =)  She told Doug to follow me around and remind me to eat snacks haha Monday for lunch, I ate 2 peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches instead of just 1!  I think a lot of it has to do with my sleep and work schedule so hopefully when I change shifts in 2 weeks, I'll get on a better schedule and start gaining more!

We just ended our last monthly OB visits and will now start going every 2 weeks!!!!

30 week baby bump pictures!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

You look great!! I have to make cupcakes this weekend and I'd be happy to make some extra if you want any! Let me know!! :)

Jen said...

30 weeks wow where has the time gone! You look great!