At the start of my shift on Tuesday, one of the girls that works 3-11pm came up to me and asked me if I was interested in switching shifts =) I gladly said yes and the charge nurse sent an email to the boss letting her know! Hopefully, we can switch sooner. Our current schedule goes out to the beginning of February so hopefully on the next schedule, I might be switched.
I'm both excited and nervous at the same time. This shift is very hard since you are coming in at one of the busiest times and the reason the girl wants to switch is to keep her sanity *lol* But Doug and I both think this shift would be best for us both financially and for me and my crazy sleep cycle. I will be home every night around midnight and when the baby is here, we'll just need a sitter from about 2pm to 5pm! We are hoping to find a local sitter or a church or something to watch the baby. Another con is that I will be working 4 days a week versus 3 and only getting 32hrs a week versus 36. The plus side, is that I still get to keep my night shift differential =)
So, we'll see! I'm happy to get off nights (will miss my wonderful co-workers but I do get to work with them for 4hrs!!) but nervous about the change.
Quilts I've Made
2 months ago



1 comment:
Hope everything works out for you!!
Post a Comment