Total weight gain: 6 lbs over my first OB appointment at 8 weeks pregnant! Finally got over the hump and started gaining more!
Maternity clothes? All the time! Now having issues with my scrubs at work *lol* I have started to weed out some of my tighter tops since all my stuff falls out of my pockets and go for a maternity shirt with a scrub jacket over top. Much more comfortable! Pants are still okay since I wear drawstring and not elastic!
Stretch marks? Nothing new! I always have some on my hips and I have been putting lotion on my belly like crazy to prevent any more!
Sleep: I either get a lot or none at all *lol* Lately, heartburn and getting comfortable have been a HUGE issue! I seem to get heartburn with just about anything and last night I had marinara sauce with egg plant parmesan from giant eagle...bad idea! I tossed and turn the whole night, ate tums, and was propped up on about 4 pillows. Still, no relief!
Best moment this week? Just feeling Iris jumping around in my belly! The other night she was going crazy and I couldn't quit laughing! Doug has felt her so much and he is learning how to tell which side she's on, etc. He can usually pinpoint where she's located! He comes home each day from work and hugs me and then rubs my belly or kisses it saying "hi Iris". Totally melts my heart!
Movement? As stated above, she can get crazy in there! I love feeling her and it's such a relief to feel her after she's been sleeping for a few hours!
Food cravings? Still sweets!!! I can't get enough! Poor Doug is probably increasing his cholesterol level daily by all my food choices haha!
Labor signs? I have felt a little cramping a few weeks ago and hear it's braxton hicks but nothing since then.
Belly button: still hasn't popped but it's completely flat with a little herniation so any day now!
What I miss? Just to sit on the couch and be comfortable. I have trouble breathing now with her getting so big and I would love to snuggle on the couch but it takes too much for me to get comfortable now.
What I'm looking forward to: meeting her for the first time!!! Doug and I are so anxious for her arrival! Just about 12 more weeks left until my due date! 9 more until I'm full term!!!
Milestones? Getting the nursery almost done! All the furniture is in place and looks great! Just have a few little decorations to add and bring her home!!!
And a little TMI =) I started leaking milk on Saturday. I didn't realize until Doug pointed out something on my shirt. It hasn't happened since but I bought breast pads just in case! I hear it's normal and I'm just hoping that it means that I'll have a great milk supply for Iris!! Doug said he can now start calling me UDF =) Hehe *smack*
I also had my first late night food run! On Saturday, Doug and I were starving around 10pm. His parents came to town and we ate at Red Robin around 2pm but didn't eat again and by 10pm we both were starving! Plus, we really need to go to the grocery so we had nothing in the house. By the time we finally decided to venture out it was 11:30pm and we decided on taco bell *lol* We both knew we would regret it. It tasted so good but we were both sick afterwards haha So, I felt like a true pregnant woman with a late night craving =)
28 weeks!
First belly shot without clothes!
I plan to take these weekly now that I'm at the end to see how much she sticks out =)



1 comment:
HAHA! UDF! I would want to smack him too! Oh Taco Bell...reminds me of college nights! You're almost there!! Hopefully we can get together before Iris comes (and then of course after)!
Post a Comment