I got a call last night from work. I figured it was them asking me to work again (which ultimately, they did as I was getting into bed....um...I think not haha) but it wasn't the charge nurse, it was the co-worker who I was hoping to switch shifts with!!! I let the voicemail pick up and called her back!
She needed a favor for friday. I'm picking up 4 more hours to cover her shift then working my 12 hrs after. 16 hrs in one day and 28 weeks pregnant...what was I thinking?!? Oh well!
But then she said she met with the manager and said that we could switch shifts whenever we wanted!!!! I figured it would have been more formal than that but I guess that's how they do it *lol* So, we just pick a day and swap schedules. I asked her to wait until the following schedule comes since I already like my current schedule *lol* Then we can swap. The only drawback is that I will work every other weekend!!! So sad! I loved my every 3rd weekend and will be devastated but Doug keeps reminding me it would be more money and we need more money when the baby comes! Boo! So, that will take some adjusting.
This Friday will give me a preview as to what the shift is like since I'll be going in at 3pm. (then working straight until 7am the next day...ugh! I'm an idiot!). It will give me a chance to try it out before we make the switch. I'm happy to get a little preview just to make sure it's what I want to do! =) I'm so happy to get off nights!!!! I have been feeling bad b/c they have needed extra helps so bad the last few weeks but if I don't sleep during the day, I can't stay motivated for 24 hrs! It's not safe to my patients or to myself. So, I have to turn down the extra money! But working 3-11pm, I don't have to worry about sleeping and can always pick up an extra day or stay over!
She also said that we are just a few months away from moving to days!! yeah! That is what I ultimately want. I would love to go back to my 3, 12hr shifts and work from 7am to 7pm. Once we figure out the babysitter situation and maybe find someone not as expensive as Riverside or OSU, that might be a possibility later in the year!
Quilts I've Made
2 months ago



1 comment:
Wow! That is great news!! Now you just have to wait to do 7-7!! My mom did that for years!
Good luck on your CRAZY long shift!
Post a Comment