Doug and I had our 38 week OB appointment yesterday! It went...ok! haha I was hoping for more news but was sad that she didn't tell me what I wanted! We met with the other OB, Dr. Turner, since Dr. Pool is on vacation. She is super nice and she was very helpful on Tuesday when I called with the contractions. We were both very optimistic with hoping that the contractions had changed my cervix or dilated me more but sadly, I'm still 1 cm dilated but the contractions DID soften my cervix some but still not effaced at all! boo!!!
Dr. Turner was very excited for us and thought that what I did experience on Tuesday was actual contractions (no duh lady! hehe) and she thinks that is a great sign that I might go into labor on my own and not need help with induction, etc. So, I was pleased with that!!!! She does think we have another week or so to go but I could go early...time will tell!
She said that at our next appointment (next Friday), we should make a plan to see if we should wait a little longer until I go on my own or think about inducing. I'll be 39 weeks next Friday at our appointment so I hope I'm dilated more (or maybe already have the baby) and we can get this party started =) As much as I love being pregnant and feeling her move and knowing she's safe inside of me, I'm so gosh darn eager to meet her! We have just about everything we can think of for her so we're just waiting!
I worked yesterday and woke up with braxton hicks (tightening and burning feeling) in the middle of the night but no actual contractions. I work today and tomorrow so hopefully being on my feet so much will bring on some contractions! We'll see!
I also have my baby shower (#4) at work tomorrow night so I'm pretty excited for that!
Quilts I've Made
2 months ago



2 comments:
She will be here before you know it!! Hopefully you will have made more progress by your next appt...if you make it that far :) Good Luck!!
the last month seems to take the longest doesn't it! we're anxious to meet our little grandgirlie~
Post a Comment