Yesterday was an eventful day to say the least =)
I started experiencing contractions and boy were they not nice to me!!!! They started at 5:03am and after 2 contractions, I woke Doug up. They were not super intense but were uncomfortable so I decided to wake him so he could help me relax! He snuggled close and grabbed my hand and held it through them =) His alarm went off and he began to get ready for work. About that time, they were coming very strong and in clusters of 3 (each about a minute apart) and the third would be so intense that I started vomiting afterwards. I would have another then they would subside for about 15-20 minutes and a new round would begin!
At 8am I finally called the doctor to see what we should do. They were not very "regular" and were not the 5 minutes apart like they said they should be to go to the hospital. The clusters would be every minute but then they would stop for 15-20 minutes so I felt they were still pretty irregular. The OB said to relax and drink lots of fluids (since I was puking) and try to eat something to see if they subside. I figured, that was a good plan!
Finally, it was time for Doug to leave for work. I figured I would be fine so I let him leave only to call him back when he was almost there. They started back up again and I called him crying and he came rushing back *lol*
I had about 2 more rounds of horrible contractions and then they finally started to slow down to every hour and we were both finally able to relax and get a nap in.
Finally, around noon, they were pretty calm so I let him go back to work! And they pretty much came and went every hour or so but nothing as bad as the morning!
Dang it!
We were hoping this was it and the baby would be here but apparently, she was just testing the waters!
After Doug got home from work, we took a nice long walk to hopefully help "induce" more contractions but it didn't work! I had 2 in the middle of the night and a slight one this morning but nothing to stop me in my tracks!
We have our weekly OB appointment tomorrow morning so we'll see if I'm dilated more or if my cervix has thinned!
We're getting closer =)
38 weeks tomorrow!




4 comments:
Hope baby girl decides to come out soon!! Good luck at your appointment today!
Yay!Keep us updated!!
Love the picture! Good luck at your doctors appointment! Your baby's gonna be here before you know it!
I hope you don't have any more false alarms! You want something to show for all that pain... :)
Post a Comment