My, what a busy week it has been! Last week, I was silly and decided to work 6 days in a row! We have been so understaffed lately and have been having very difficult, mostly non-cardiac patients, so I felt I should help out when I could! I also picked up 4 hrs at the doctor's office to help out there as well! What was I thinking?!?
Then on Saturday, Doug and I drove home for a friends baby shower and then back on Sunday for my baby shower my mom was throwing me! So much fun!
But all that excitement was not good for me or miss Iris! Monday morning about 4 am, I started getting contractions. Well, it felt more like strong cramping at the top of my stomach but after talking with the nurse, I was experiencing strong braxton hicks! They think that I was just dehydrated and that is why I was getting them! Boy did they hurt! They came every hour, pretty much right on the hour and after drinking lots and trying to rest, they finally subsided about 5 hrs later. I was left with an achy stomach but was thankful they went away!
It was also storming really hard that night so we had a very nervous and scared Airedale so poor Doug and I were exhausted come time for work!
I guess it was just a preview as to what is to come! Yikes!!!
Quilts I've Made
4 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment