Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekend recap!

Now, I'm offically caught up!!!

This weekend was so much fun!  Doug and I looked forward to our 3 day weekend!!!
On Saturday, we headed home for our first official over night!  We spent the morning at Urbana's flea market to visit Doug's dad who set up a booth there.  It was sooooo hot so we didn't stay long.  Afterwards, Iris and I took a nice long nap in the air conditioning to cool off!

Afterwards, we just hung out and had dinner with Doug's sister's family, and his parents outside on the picnic table.  Such yummy food and great company!

That night, Iris was exhausted so she went down without a fight.  We all did =)  
She slept well until 2am where there was a very loud and nasty storm.  After that woke her, I nursed her and tried to get her back to bed but she was determined to talk our ear off.  I let her and the next time I woke up, she had talked herself to sleep =)  Silly girl!

The next day, Auntie Abbey and her family come over for breakfast!  I also had a good friend stop by for a quick visit since she was in town for the holiday weekend.  She lives in Tennessee so we don't get to see each other as often as we like!  It was great seeing you Abby!!!  I'm so happy you finally got to meet Iris!

After breakfast, the kiddos played a bit...





And then we got the bright idea to get a group photo shot and this is how it turned out...










Poor Addy just wanted a picture with her brother and cousin, "Irish" =)
we all laughed so hard!
(no babies were harmed in this photo shoot)



 Later that day, Abbey had a labor day cook-out so Iris got all dressed up!!


She thoroughly enjoyed herself as did we!
The food was yummy as always and it was so nice to visit with everyone!!!

1 comment:

Katiebee said...

loved having you all for the night! the pictures of addy & the babies.....love, love, love them!