On April 10th, I turned 27! I was very nervous about that birthday. Not sure why but maybe the fact that I am slowly inching my way towards 30. So, without much planned I left the day pretty much open to do whatever with Doug!!
The birthday weekend began on Friday when I headed to St. Paris for a book sale at their local library! My oh my how much I love books! I bought a whole bag full for only $6! Kate treated me to lunch at Braden's where I got a yummy lunch and my favorite smoothie! Plus the company of Abbey and sweet baby Addie!
On Saturday, I woke up with a few text messages and then a call from Doug trying to wake me up. He made me pancakes for breakfast and on the table was a dozen pink roses and a card!
They were so pretty! He and the dogs sang "happy birthday" to me!
The card on the other hand, was a different story! The card was for my 40th birthday! I should have killed him or have been so dramatic and cried but I just laughed. Little booger knows I'm nervous about 30 and I can't even imagine 40 (no offense to those of you 30+)
After going back to bed...that' what we do on weekends =) We finally got up around noon and headed to Panera to pick up lunch and have a picnic at Goodale Park in Downtown Columbus! It was beautiful there! It was full of people b/c they were having Sabbath at the park and there were singers and even a band. We also noticed a LAIR fight (those of you who have seen Role Models know what I'm talking about hehe). I tried to get closer pictures but failed. Once we got up to walk around, they were already leaving.
Soaking up some sun!
It was the perfect day!!! The sun was shinning and there was a nice breeze! The picnic at the park was so nice. Of course we did do photo hour =) We took tons of pictures of trees and of me but I'll only share my favorite...
The magnolias were in full bloom and it was gorgeous!!
After walking around the park, we decided to go home! We relaxed at home for a bit then headed to the $2 movie theater off of Bethel to see It's Complicated. That is one of the most hysterical movies I have seen in a long time! I highly recommend it! =) I think the most fun was laughing at the older women in front of us. They were so funny!
Once we got home, Doug iced the cake he made me earlier and we enjoyed it! Of course, I picked out the Fun Fetti cake b/c I love the colors and it now comes with icing with sprinkles for the top!! woohoo
All in all, I had one of the best birthdays!!! It was so low key and relaxing and it was nice just to do what Doug and I wanted. I couldn't have asked for any better weather! Thanks for those of you who called to wish me Happy Birthday, sent text messages, and spent time with me =)
You really know how to make a girl feel special!



2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great day! See....27 wasn't so bad now was it?
Just wait my sweet child, till 50 rolls around..*lol*
If I'm as blessed as you, then 50 won't be so bad at all =)
Post a Comment