3 Heart is part of McConnell Heart Hospital at Riverside. It's a big unit. About 100 beds total but 3 heart shares some of that with CACU (patients going down for cath lab and such). So, 3 heart is a focused floor with cardiac patients who are on telemetry (heart monitors). Most of them have some sort of heart arrhythmia and heart problem and are going down for some sort of procedure such as a pacemaker, stress tests, etc. They receive most of their patients right from ER and stay on our floor to continue their evaluation. The girl that I shadowed had 4 patients and towards the end, she only had 1 left on the floor b\c 2 were in a procedure and 1 was discharged *lol*
The nurse manager asked me what shift and I decided on 12 hr night shift because that's one of the positions she had available. I will work 3 days a week with every other weekend. The nights will be hard but the shift differential pay will be so nice to pay off those loans!!! =) I can always switch to days later!
So, after I left the interview...I really didn't have any clue how it went. The nurse manager was in a meeting so I thanked everyone for having me and left. As soon as I got to work, I sent the nurse manager an e-mail thanking her. She responded by saying the next step is to check references.
The only problem is that she's away on a conference all this week and won't be back until Monday...ugh! So, I put things on hold a bit.
***********************************************
Today, the HR recruiter called and told me that the nurse manager had contacted her (while she was away!!!) and wanted to pursue me. She said it went really well and wanted to check my past employment and check my references. So, the HR is doing that today. She said that they should have a decision at the beginning of the week!!!! =)



No comments:
Post a Comment