Now, let the fun of decorating the nursery begin!!!!
Don't be alarmed, there are no pictures this time. The little miss was not cooperative and so we have just a hand and foot shot =) We did get a semi-clear view of her to know that she's still a girl but that was about it. She flipped over as soon as we started the ultrasound and stayed face down and kept her legs crossed and bent up to her butt =) She's a shy one!!! It was so much fun to see her wiggle around and kick her little legs. She's still head down which is good and I have been feeling her kick my arms when they are resting on my belly! She's 12-13 oz right now so she's almost a pound!!! All pushing right on my bladder and pelvis *lol* That's wonderful =)
The due date is still April 7th but she's measuring 4 days early so around April 3rd! =) Dr. Pool said the baby is growing well! She said she's not too big and not too small so right about at the 50% mark! I knew we weren't having a huge baby *lol* So, we're pleased she has a 4 chamber heart and her development is spot on! She's a healthy one!!!
I gained 9 lbs back of my original 12 lb weigh loss so the doctor and I were very pleased! She wants to have me gain a slow 1/2 to 1 lb each week for the remaining months. I hope I can continue to eat healthy and not pig out too much! I'm super hungry all the time now so it's been interesting! I still crave sweets and fruit and have horrible heartburn with red sauces and now apparently milk?!? Silliness!!!
As for the name...we're still struggling with that! We love Iris but are getting mixed feelings from everyone *lol* We want a classic older name and nothing trendy so we'll see! We still have time to decide but so far, we have been calling her Iris!
We're just super excited to have a healthy baby growing!!!
***Major highlight of the week****
Doug felt the baby move this morning!!! We went back to bed after he made breakfast and were laying there. She started moving and so I had him place his hand on my belly and she finally kicked (or punched) hard and he was able to feel it =) Best day!We also bought the bedding today! We got it at Pottery Barn and I can't wait to get the crib and put it all together!!! It's super cute with little owls and birds on it. It's perfect and what I had in mind when we were searching! It was even on sale =)

Here's a 20 week picture
Looking down at my belly
can't see my shoes haha



5 comments:
Iris is a cute name! Other classic and beautiful girl names that I like are Nora and Esther... just a thought! I <3 baby bumps :) Keep going momma!
LOVE that bedding!!! Iris is such a pretty name. I also like Mable. Older, classic, not popular. So many choices out there! I would google names from the 20's or something like that for a list of older names. GOOD LUCK!
I love the bedding! So cute & sweet~perfect for a little girl~
As for the name, you'll know when you have chosen the right one~
You certainly make a cute mama to be!
I absolutely LOVE the name Iris! I think you should do that one! It really doesn't matter what everyone else likes..just mommy and daddy =) Love the bedding! Super cute!
Ok so I know I'm totally new to your blog, and not that you asked for my advice/opinion on a name... but I'm a total baby name junkie and thought I'd share one of my favorite older names! Adelaide. Ok, feel free to tell me to mind my biz ;)
Post a Comment