Thursday, November 4, 2010

She's on the move!

The little princess is moving like crazy now!  It's probably from all the sugar that I have been eating!  Oops!  It's so nice to feel her more and more each day.  The other night I was finally able to feel her kick outside my belly!  I tried to have Doug feel for her but she would stop every time he would put his hand on my belly!  He thinks he might have felt something but we're both eager for him to really feel her kick!

17 week picture

I have been craving lots of sweets lately!  I just can't get enough.  I have made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing, my neighbor saw my cravings on facebook and brought over brownies!  My wonderful MIL made us molasses cookies that were to die for and so I made 3 dozen this morning!  OMG...she's going to buzz right out of my belly =)

I have been eating pretty healthy otherwise so rest assure, I'm getting other nutrients than just sugar!!!

Oh and funny story about those darn cookies...
So, we get home last Saturday and have some cookies left over thanks to my MIL for giving us the extras along with the bread she made.  So, there were 3 left and so the hubs put them high up on a shelf so I couldn't reach them and then ate them while I was at work!!!  Bad Bad husband! =)

*******************************************
And I couldn't discuss those yummy molasses cookies without giving you all the recipe!  
Seriously, they are amazing!


Molasses Cookies Recipe
Molasses CookiesIn a large bowl sift or whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 - 3 minutes). Add the oil, molasses, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Beat in the flour mixture mixture until well incorporated. Cover and chill the batter until firm (about 2 hours or overnight).
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. 
Place about 1 cup (200 grams) of white granulated sugar in a medium sized bowl. When the dough has chilled sufficiently, roll into 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls. Then roll the balls of dough into the sugar, coating them thoroughly. Place on the baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart and, with the bottom of a glass, flatten the cookies slightly. Bake for about 9-10 minutes or until the tops of the cookies have crinkles yet are barely dry. (They will look a little underdone.) Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.  Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Molasses Cookies:
2 cups (260 grams) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1  teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (210 grams) dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable, canola, or safflower oil
1/3 cup (80 ml) unsulphured molasses
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Garnish:
1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar for covering the cookie balls before baking
Tip:  Lightly grease, or spray with Pam, your measuring cup before pouring in the molasses.  This prevents the molasses from sticking to the cup.



*************************************************
Lastly, here's some funny picture of the pets this week!




spoiled much?!?


1 comment:

Katiebee said...

I'll bake more cookies for ya! Shame on the boy for hiding your cookies~ love the pics!