Luckily, I was in the kitchen cleaning up while they were baking when I heard some popping noises. I thought it was the butter coming out of the biscuits so I opened the oven and saw sparks flying. I started yelling "there's a fire in the oven" and quickly shut it. I kept yelling it and Doug came running! He opened it again and the fire got bigger! I was screaming even more (not sure why but I couldn't think of anything else to do *lol*). He got the fire extinguisher out and opened the door to spray when the fire started to get huge and so he closed it and I swear the sound made it seem like it was going to explode. Luckily, it stayed contained. I grabbed the dogs and we ran out of the house leaving poor Doug with his tiny fire extinguisher in the kitchen! The breaker finally blew and the fire started to subside! I was left in shock shaking. Doug was in shock and laughing! I swear I was going to go into labor right then and there!
The house filled up with smoke so we opened all the windows and called his mom and dad to let them know!!! Luckily, his dad was brining his truck so we could go buy a stove afterwards!
Doug got on-line and started looking at prices for stoves! That was not on my list of things to buy in the near future!!!
old stove
burnt pan
(Doug had already removed the burnt biscuits before I got the camera out)
The heating element that melted and caught fire
So, after Doug and his dad repaired our ceiling, we headed to Sears to buy a stove only to find that they are a bunch of idiots and didn't have anything in stock (after I called to make sure prior to our trip). They had huge fees attached so we said "screw it" and ended up buying one at Lowes hassel free!!! =) It was delivered on Monday morning and we love it! Well, I haven't gotten to cook on it yet but it's pretty =)
I have plans to make Cajun chicken pasta tonight on my new fancy stove!!!



2 comments:
abbey loves her glass top~ i bet you will too!
We have that same exact stove! Love it!
Post a Comment