Before we were finished, we asked the nurse if we could schedule our 20 week ultrasound a bit early at like 18 weeks but she said no. Insurance wouldn't cover it =( We were super sad. She did say that there was a place in Columbus that did those 4-D ultrasounds and that they also did gender ultrasounds. I started to laugh and thought, at what price?!? She said it was much cheaper than having them do one! So, we just pushed the idea aside and left. We scheduled our gender ultrasound for November 19th. Seemed like an eternity away.
Our ritual is to go to Steak'n Shake afterwards (for me to add more calories) and so we had an early dinner and pondered the idea. Doug got his blackberry out and googled the place. The prices weren't bad at all so I decided to call just to see if they could fit us in. We had an appointment for 8:20pm! We were stoked! The only person who knew was Beth...I just had to tell her =) So, we decided to head to Polaris Mall first to look at baby stuff to kill some time.
We arrived at the place and had to wait for 2 families to go back before us. Waiting was so hard!!! Just knowing in just a few short minutes, we'd find out the sex was so exciting! Finally, it was our turn. We went back into the ultrasound room and it was dark and spa like. They had a huge couch plus stadium seating. Apparently, you could bring your whole family *lol* They had a nice big cozy bed for me to lay on. She played soft music and we started the ultrasound. She was showing us pictures of the baby and looking around. After a few minutes she said she thought she knew the sex but wanted to make sure. I told her to let us guess first and then tell us. So, she said she was 100% sure of it and let me guess. With my gut feeling, I always knew this was going to be a boy so I said boy.
She smiled..........................
Said, no...............
It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was speechless!!! I got all teary eyed and couldn't speak! It was amazing to finally know the little bean that is inside of me! I think Doug and I both were in shock. Every once and awhile, I would look over at him and he would be grinning from ear to ear. The whole time, he had his hand in mine and we were in awe to finally see our baby girl!
Afterwards, we called the mom's (and of course, Beth back b/c she was patiently waiting to hear the results). They were all pretty excited!!! I called more of our family and friends today to share the good news!
So, there is lots of pink in our future!!! =)
Now, I will give you the privilege of seeing our baby girl =) She's precious! She has the cutest button nose and the longest chicken legs ever! Not sure where she got those from!
She's already a thumb sucker!
this is the 2nd ultrasound that she did this!
rubbing her little eyes
Smiling
She loves to have her hands up by her face
Those long chicken legs!
Isn't she precious?!?
We are in love!
My due date did change from April 7th to April 3rd so we'll see if it changes any more! She was 16 weeks and 1 day in these pictures!



4 comments:
Aww Congrats on your baby girl! My newest niece will be here on Monday!
Oh my goodness!! I'm soooo excited for you! After you said the heart rate, I was going to guess boy too!! So many bloggers are having boys so it's nice that you and my other Ohio friend are having girls. YAYAYAYAY!! Congratulations!
ps. thanks so much for the website. I sent it to a friend of mine who just found out she was pregnant!
aww.. she does have some long chicken legs! :) congrats!
YEAH =) So excited! I can't wait to go shopping for lil Gilby!!!!
Post a Comment