Monday, November 29, 2010

Job update...

So, most of you know that I really really hate working nights!  I have been working with my boss for over a month to try to switch to day shift.  I had a little meeting with her today to see what my options are if I can't move on day shift any sooner.  It was a good little chat =)  I'm still 2 people away from moving to days but she offered me a evening shift position that might open up sooner.  I'll be working 3-11pm!  I'll still get night shift pay so that's a plus.  I'll only work 4 days a week b/c I think 5 days will require me to poke my eyes out *lol*  It's just too much in a nursing job for anyone.  But that will only give me 32 hrs.  Rarely do we ever get out on time so making up those hours won't be a problem and I can always continue to pick up extra hours at the doctor's office.

So, I think I might take the evening shift position and keep my fingers crossed that I can switch soon.  There is one girl who wants to move from evening to nights (my shift 7pm to 7:30am) so we can possibly just switch jobs and there is another girl going on maternity leave in January on evening shift (3-11pm).

With switching, I won't be so sleep deprived and will actually have an entire day off and not have to sleep half of it away!  I also made sure that moving to evenings won't hurt my chances or move my spot back from moving to day shift (7am to 7:30 pm) and she promised it wouldn't!  yeah!!!

So, maybe after the new year, I'll have a much better work schedule!  I'll miss my night co-worker's terribly but I will get to work with them for a few hours each day I'm there! =)  Doug and I think this shift will work well with the baby.  It will require 1 extra day of day care but she won't have to be there the entire day each day so that's a plus!  Just half days from 2pm to 5pm! =)

So, keep your fingers crossed it all works out!

2 comments:

Cara said...

I am so happy to hear this =) Awesome news! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Brittany said...

Hope you get to switch soon! My mom worked 7a-7p for the longest time and I remember her coming home completely exhausted. I don't know how you do it!